Friday, July 28, 2017

Friday Chat: Ridiculous party themes

I had a 1920s British country house murder mystery party for my birthday last weekend, and while my mom and I were poking around for ideas, we found some CRAZY but seemingly earnest lists of party themes. (Anna Karenina, anyone?) I started brainstorming joke party themes for some of my favorite shows and books but got stuck on these two really good ones and didn't end up making a post out of it. What are YOUR ideas?

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy Party - Give each guest a cup of tea and a section of newspaper and have them read silently while occasionally making meaningful eye contact. Later, make everyone file into your dining room decorated as a conference room, where they will say as little as possibly as cryptically as possible.

Grantchester Party - Dance with your crush to one really upbeat, fun song, then go home and lock yourself in your room listening to jazz and drinking whisky.

What else??

No comments:

Post a Comment