Friday, December 30, 2016

My Favorite Books of 2016 (plus a few older ones)

A few people have asked about my favorite books of the year, and I'm always hesitant to post that because it seems so arbitrary - there are SO MANY books that I'm sure are great that I just haven't gotten to yet! So this isn't any sort of "best books of 2016" in general, but rather my favorites of the ones I happened to read. And I've followed it with a second list of some great older books that I read for the first time in 2016. What were your favorites of the year?

(Both lists are alphabetical by author because I was driving myself crazy trying to rank them.)

My Favorite Books of 2016:

Exposure by Helen Dunmore
The Trespasser by Tana French
Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan
Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
The Summer Before the War by Helen Simonson
Girls on Fire by Robin Wasserman

My Favorite Older Books I Read in 2016:

Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke
The Secret Place by Tana French
Twilight of the Elites by Chris Hayes
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
Clouds of Witness by Dorothy L. Sayers

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Exposure sounds great, and The Summer Before the War is high on my to-read list.

    Some of my favorites this year were Dark Matter, The Mothers, I Let You Go, and The Trespasser. For backlist books, I also really loved The Boston Girl, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (a re-read, but possibly the most memorable of the year regardless), and A Man Called Ove. All so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete