Friday, July 15, 2016

Morning Coffee (7/15/16)

As usual, in honor of Friday we're taking a quick break from current events to look at some links on the lighter side, for anyone who needs a distraction.

Good news! Carla Hayden confirmed as Librarian of Congress, the first woman and the first person of color to hold the position.

Caribou Coffee made it SNOW in Minneapolis and I want to go there.

Nifty: “Godspot”: German churches now offer free and secure wifi hotspots for all

Heh: The Queen shocks locals by visiting Scotland pub for dinner Now I would like a jacket potato and a cider, please.

It's Friday. Let's look at shiny things. I love the Swedish processional jewels.

Meanwhile: The nations of Denmark and Sweden had a Twitter fight involving moose and sperm banks

These photographs are beautiful: Art of stone: spiritual sculptures around the world

I always want to read about a nice sea serpent hoax.

Relevant to what I was mentioning in my Childhood's End post yesterday: Rereading A Wrinkle in Time: what’s up with that giant evil brain?

THE FINAL HEY LADIES.

No comments:

Post a Comment