Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Morning Coffee (5/11/16)

Me elsewhere: Trailers for Wayward Pines and Inferno and your Tuesday Daily Read.

Of course the Trump campaign selected a white nationalist leader as a delegate. (Update: They're now claiming it was an error; I'm skeptical but at least this is proof that there are SOME things the campaign can be shamed out of?)

And of COURSE Trump's using MRA language.

This explanation of why it's in Sanders's best interests to enthusiastically support Clinton in the general is eminently reasonable, which makes me skeptical that it will possibly happen that way.

Things in Brazil: Not good!

Austria: Also worrisome!

While we're at it, here's a guide to what's going on in Australia.

I get why tech/business-ignorant people are upset about Facebook suppressing conservative news stories but I cannot believe Congress is treating this as a real thing. I mean, I can, but . . . SIGH. What is WRONG with people?

A Thorough and Only Slightly Satirical Guide to Trump’s Potential Vice Presidential Choices

Ooh, there's nothing I like better than a dishy cult story: Inside Superstar Machine, Which Ex-Members Say Is a Cult Preying on New York’s Creative Women

An important thing to remember in discussions of royalty: Princess Charlotte worth £3.2 billion to UK economy

I had never really thought about 3D printing food but THIS IS FASCINATING.

Wow: Retracing a 1,300-Mile Escape From a Soviet Gulag in WWII

No comments:

Post a Comment