Thursday, March 24, 2016

Morning Coffee (3/24/16)

ICYMI: I liked The Big Short. (The book. Well, I liked the movie too, but this is about the book.)

The Rolling Stone endorsement of Hillary Clinton is very clear and well-written and gets at a lot of what I think is important about both Clinton and Sanders. I can barely decide what to quote, because it's all so good. "Anger is not a plan; it is not a reason to wield power; it is not a reason for hope. Anger is too narrow to motivate a majority of voters, and it does not make a case for the ability and experience to govern." But go read the whole thing!

Zubik v. Burwell, the newest Supreme Court birth control challenge, explained (A lawyer friend wound up telling me all about this case last month on the way home from a Kasich event, which I feel is a good indication of the kind of stuff you leave Kasich events thinking about.)

Whoa: Russia, Light on Cash, Weighs Risks of a Heavy Tax on Oil Giants

Interesting! All Marines will get “unconscious bias training” to prepare for women joining combat units

"I suspect that the millennial women who are supporting Bernie may simply not have gotten to a place in life where they’ve experienced this kind of chronic, internalized, institutional sexism."

Neocons for Hillary: why some conservatives think Trump threatens democracy itself

Marie Claire (!) has a very interesting feature on Women and Guns. (No, really, should I be reading Marie Claire??)

White Nationalists Still Think Trump Could Really Be One Of Them

This is such a heartbreaking story, and honestly does not feel that far from what a President Trump would do, if he thought of it: Tricked Into Cheating and Sentenced to Death

"Don't we read fiction exactly to be upset?" (I still have not read A Little Life; I know, I know.)

Somehow this is not a joke: Camilla Belle and James Franco are starring in a movie about patients in a mental asylum in the 1800s forced to put on a production of Moby-Dick.

Heh: A Guy Walks Into a News Cycle

No comments:

Post a Comment