Friday, March 18, 2016

Friday Five: Literary Songs

Books AND music, all at once! What are your favorites I don't know?

1. "Ariel" by October Project A lot of things I liked in high school are a little iffy in retrospect, but THIS ALBUM REMAINS PERFECT.


2. "Wuthering Heights" by Kate Bush I enjoy making people who have never heard of Kate Bush listen to this without warning them what they're in for.


3. "The Wendy Trilogy" by S.J. Tucker is - let's face it - the only version of Peter Pan worth its salt. "Wendy when she'd had her fill of Pan and the other Lost Boys"? Yes please.


(Here are parts two and three.)

4. "Romeo and Juliet" by Dire Straits I have a lot of questions about this music video. But the lyrics! "The dice was loaded from the start, and I bet, and you exploded into my heart." Perfect.


5. "The Lady of Shalott" by Loreena McKennitt I appreciate McKennitt's commitment to Poems Beloved By Anne Shirley. (See also: "The Highwayman")

2 comments:

  1. How funny! I didn't remember that Romeo & Juliet was a Dire Straits song; I'm familiar with the Indigo Girls version.

    ReplyDelete