Monday, January 4, 2016

New Year's Update & Morning Coffee (1/4/16)

Happy New Year! I know it's the fourth, but I was celebrating with family and friends and am just now getting back in the swing of things. A big project that took up a lot of my time in 2015 is winding down, so I'm hoping to have more posts in addition to link posts here for you in 2016. (I know, I know, it's 2016 and I'm saying I'm going to BLOG MORE, sheesh.) I'm not sure exactly what this will look like yet - please let me know if there are things you want to read about (or not) - but one thing I'll definitely add this year is a running list of the books I've read, with at least a few thoughts on each one, if not full-fledged reviews. Look for the first of those posts later today.

A few people have asked me recently if there's a way they can support this blog and specifically the link posts financially, and I'm looking into options for that. But don't worry - it will be completely optional and your reading experience won't change based on whether you pay or not.

Okay, on to the links!

Me elsewhere: There was barely any TV news this week but here's what we've got.

Wondering what's going on with the Oregon militia thing? NPR's piece is a good place to start.

Chris Christie is back in the presidential mix. But what about Bridgegate?

The White House's Year in Photographs is always worth a look.

Why That Study About How Vegetarians Are Killing the Environment Is Ridiculously Wrong

Awesome: Philadelphia woman opens comics shop that focuses on diversity and coffee

Author Maureen Johnson wrote a very good essay on dealing with illness: My Year on Space Mountain

This sounds so cool, provided they do it in a way responsible toward the ocean etc.: An Underwater Museum in Egypt Could Bring Thousands of Sunken Relics Into View

Lots of stabbings and 2 deaths by pie: every death in Shakespeare, in one chart

I don't agree with all the conclusions here, but I love reading about what and how people read: I read 164 books in 2015 and tracked them all in a spreadsheet. Here's what I learned.

Unnecessary Digs At Servants In Classic Vampire Novels

No comments:

Post a Comment