Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Morning Coffee (1/12/16)

Thanks to my newest Patreon patron, Jack! That puts me over halfway to my first goal. (I realized Patreon only shows the next goal, not the whole list; maybe I'll put them in a post here so you guys can see what I've set up?)

It's Charles Perrault's birthday and the fairy tale Google doodles are ADORABLE.

Sean Penn interviewed El Chapo. Which one of them got played?

This is a great, juicy overview: One year, two races: Inside the Republican Party’s bizarre, tumultuous 2015

The Nation He Built is a readable, comprehensive overview of President Obama's domestic policy achievements.

I have this scar! (The "This is something they'll live with for the rest of their lives" quote is interesting because that's CLEARLY TRUE and yet it's sort of surprising how little I think about it at this point. Though wait, I DID describe it to a friend last week, so maybe it comes up more than I think it does.)

What Goes Through Your Mind: On Nice Parties and Casual Racism

Insane read of the day: The Celebrity Surgeon Who Used Love, Money, and the Pope to Scam an NBC News Producer

As someone who spent the first few seasons of Gossip Girl telling anyone who would listen about the COMPLEX LITERARY PARALLELS but was disappointed in it by the end, I really enjoyed this: Gossip Girl went from being in on the joke to being the punchline (And as I read it I was astonished at how many of their crazy plotlines I had blocked out of my brain. Remember the Hilary Duff threesome???)

I appreciate that this piece on mail-order brides mentions Sarah, Plain and Tall.

Men Who Have Finally ‘Found Their Sound’ In Western Art History

No comments:

Post a Comment