Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Morning Coffee (10/28/15)

Me elsewhere: Thoughts on Supergirl - I liked it! - and my latest Haven recap.

Many of the things below are FAR MORE IMPORTANT to this, but oh my gosh, this Rockapella reunion rendition of the Carmen Sandiego song just made me so freaking happy.

No, Portugal is not having a constitutional crisis. This is the real story.

What Would Jeb Do?

This Is Not a Game: How SXSW Turned GamerGate Abuse Into a Spectator Sport

Here's BuzzFeed's letter about withdrawing.

And an update: Exclusive: After Gamergate Misstep, SXSW Weighing an All-Day Forum on Online Harassment

I liked this Crimson Peak review: "And the thing to understand about a proper British ghost story is that the ghosts are often incidental to the action. Yes, they're there, but they're a way of making the story's psychological subtext into text, the lurching reminders of the past that threaten to uncover long-buried secrets." (That actually suddenly occurred to me a little while after I saw the movie - that yeah, the ghosts were creepy, but the actual bad things in the movie were done by humans and that was scarier.)

Oooh: Skeleton of ancient warrior and hoard of treasure found in 3,500-year-old tomb

Fascinating: Raiders of the Lost Web

"THE LEARNING WOMAN: I will untie your cravats and your secrets
THE BAD MAN: don’t try to understand me
THE LEARNING WOMAN: I think I can understand you"

No comments:

Post a Comment