Thursday, June 19, 2014

Morning Coffee (6/19/14)

(I feel like Thursday is "everything is terrible" day because I'm always worried about having enough happy links for Happy Friday. Oops!)

Isis breach of Iraq-Syria border merges two wars into one 'nightmarish reality'

Oh, but this is good: In Landmark Decision, U.S. Patent Office Cancels Trademark For Redskins Football Team

A difficult but important read: This Is How A Domestic Violence Victim Falls Through The Cracks “The question you’re asking me is what’s wrong with the courts,” [the sheriff] said. “I’m asking you, what’s wrong with the women?” Yeah.

I knew very little about this: The Most Discriminatory Law in the Land

"Could your Strong Female Character be seamlessly replaced with a floor lamp with some useful information written on it to help a male hero?"

I Am Not Your Manic Pixie Bookworm (By my British doppelganger Kaite Welsh!)

Juan Carlos is retaining his immunity. Interesting.

That thing going around about how many immigrants are on the U.S. World Cup team? False.

Did Disney, like, see Into the Woods before deciding they were going to make a movie and then changing it all? (At this point, I'm basically just here for Chris Pine doing "Agony.")

No comments:

Post a Comment