Thursday, November 14, 2013

Morning Coffee (11/14/13)

It's the most wonderful post of the year! My friend Beck has finished her annual review of Oprah's gift guide.

If you've ever yelled at an author (or TV writer, etc.) because a plot didn't turn out the way you wanted, you should read what Gayle Forman has to say.

Ta-Nehisi Coates is wonderful, as always, in his Richard Cohen takedown.

I've only read a few of these supposedly incredibly tough books, and I didn't find any of them particularly tough, so . . . I don't know. I do like the line "Don't worry, the Ulysses is implied," though.

I agree with these recipe pet peeves.

Amazing: The Rise and Fall of Fox Civilization in Disney Films

Apparently "hey" is taking the place of "hi."

How 17th Century Fraud Gave Rise To Bright Orange Cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment