Monday, October 1, 2012

What I Watched: Made in Jersey & Blue Bloods Premieres & More

I didn't have time to post this yesterday, so hey, let's combine Saturday and Sunday!

Made in Jersey, "Pilot (EP101)" - Meh. It wasn't good, but I didn't hate it, and I liked the family stuff, so I'll probably hang in until they cancel it in a few weeks anyway. You can read what I said about it at TheTelevixen here.

Blue Bloods, "Family Business (EP301)" - I thought this was fine, but - presumably because it was a premiere - there was more action stuff and less character stuff than in most episodes, and I didn't think it was an improvement. There wasn't enough family interaction for me. Also, I didn't think the tension was as tense as they'd intended, since we knew Danny wouldn't actually die. It would have been better if they'd left Jackie as the hostage throughout, as they could kill her off. But regardless, I'm very glad the show is back.

Grimm, "The Good Shepherd (EP205)" - This was a really solid episode. I loved finding out more about the Wesen social institutions, and I'm always delighted when Jonathan Scarfe turns up. Monroe going undercover was tons of fun, though I missed Rosalee. And I'm intrigued to see how the Juliette situation is resolved. (And hey, I was thinking "they should have a glossary of the Wesen terms," and they do!)

I spent much of Sunday trying to catch up on Homeland for the premiere, and I didn't quite make it - I still have to watch last season's finale. But wow. Yes, this show is as good as everyone says it is, and I only regret I didn't watch it sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment