Monday, October 22, 2012

What I Watched: Homeland, Grimm, & More

Homeland, "New Car Smell (EP204)" - Wow. Wow. THIS SHOW. I absolutely did not expect that confrontation at the end to happen so early in the season, and it was a DELIGHTFUL surprise. This show definitely makes bolder choices than pretty much any other show on TV, and the writing and plotting almost always back this up. I'm so excited to see where they go now that they did this thing I absolutely did not think they would do yet. Also: I heartily approve of the addition of Rupert Friend, and I love that in the midst of everything else going on, the show is taking time for stuff like Dana's storyline.

Grimm, "The Other Side (EP208)" - I actually caught up on the past few episodes yesterday, and I think the show is doing a good job this season of expanding the mythology and increasing the serialized aspect while still having interesting cases of the week. And in this one, I loved the combination of science and mythology with the genetic engineering aspect.

The Good Wife, "Two Girls, One Code (EP403)" - Yes, due to football scheduling nonsense, I'm watching CBS's Sunday shows online and so wound up behind this week. Anyway. This episode was so good, except for the Kalinda nonsense, which is so bad. It's just baffling to me. But I loved the case of the week - search engine intrigue! - and all the Alicia/Peter/Will/Eli intrigue was really well done. And even though I'm completely a Will fan, the kiss at the end was quite something. I can't wait to see where they go with it.

The Mentalist, "Not One Red Cent (EP503)" - I know I was unimpressed with the first two episodes of this season, but I thought this one was a lot better, in that it got back to the traditional sort of cases this show does and didn't spend too much time trying to decode Jane's brain or doing weird things with the rest of the team's personal lives. So I guess this bodes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment