Thursday, October 11, 2012

What I Watched: Drama Premieres, Guys With Kids, & More

ICYMI, my takes on last night's drama premieres: Arrow, Nashville, Chicago Fire

Guys With Kids, "The Standoff (EP104)" - It was nice to see the older boys get some screen time. This is still cute. I enjoy it. I have little to say.

Go On, "Big League Chew (EP106)" - I enjoyed the collision between Lauren's personal life and the group - the inherent power imbalance makes it perfectly natural for the group to want to learn more about Lauren, who knows so much about them, and I thought it was played very well.

The New Normal, "Bryanzilla (EP106)" - For a comedy, this show sure makes me cry a lot! This episode was thoroughly adorable AND funny AND touching, so it's getting harder and harder to keep this show at "Ryan Murphy always betrays me" arm's length.

Hex, "Pilot: The Story Begins (EP101)" - This is an older show, but BBC America just started airing it so I thought I'd give it a try. British boarding school! Sorcery! Michael Fassbender! Joseph Morgan! (Naked Joseph Morgan very early in the pilot, actually, much to my surprise.) This first episode was fine, but I mentioned the show on Twitter and everyone immediately told me that it got completely nuts and not in a good way, so... we'll see.

3 comments:

  1. I watched Hex from Netflix. There was one character I really liked - the roommate.

    Over the course of the first season it did get really bizarre, and agreed, it wasn't in a good way. I never bothered with the second series after that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I aspiration more authors of this form of content could positioned occurring long past the duration you probably did to research and write so ably. i am utterly inspired long past your vision and notion. Latest update in Kulfi Kumar Bajewala

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im going to locate now not responsible this. unwell be associated into the future lead happening. thank you for sharing. and also this text offers the open wherein we can study the understanding. this is wholly accessible one and gives indepth opinion. thank you for this lively article... yeh hai mohabbatein future story

    ReplyDelete