It wasn't that exciting a year for fashion, but between the ceremony and the after-parties, I did have some favorites... (I only listed women, because honestly, I have trouble judging the relative merits of black tuxedos.)
10. Gwyneth Paltrow is wearing a cape. And it's kind of awesome.
9. I know people generally didn't like Emma Stone's bow, but I'm going to go all-in and say she made it work.
8. Stana Katic looks lovely, and my God, look at her hair.
7. Most romantic: Penelope Cruz.
6. Katie Holmes had a similarly lovely flowing blue concept going on. Let's hope she and Penelope didn't plan that, because that would be weird.
5. Roxy Sorkin looks adorable and age-appropriate.
4. I wish the background of Lily Collins's dress were not quite so close to her skin tone, but otherwise, I LOVE this.
3. Also controversial: Natalie Portman's polka dots. But the dress is so nicely put together with the jewelry and the hair . . . I just love the overall look.
2. Jessica Chastain may have been wearing Blair Waldorf's prom dress, but she looked amazing.
1. If someone asked me to pick "prettiest person in the world," it would probably be Nina Dobrev. This dress has several elements I don't usually like, but it looks freaking amazing on her.