Thursday, January 26, 2012

Oscar Project 2012: The Muppets

Movie: The Muppets

Really, I just loved this. I love the Muppets! I love Jason Segel! I love Amy Adams! I love musicals! I love sibling stories! I love stories about getting the band back together! I am more or less the exact target audience for this. But, really, it was better than I'd even expected: It was earnest but not treacly, the writing was clever, and it managed to feel fresh and classic at the same time. The fact that Jason Segel pitched this and got it made tempts me to vow to support his career forever. (Although let's be honest: I'd go see The Five-Year Engagement anyway. Just look at that cast!)

Availability: This was everywhere, so it's entirely my own fault that I left it for so long that I had to scramble to find a showing this week before it entirely disappeared. It will not be on DVD before the Oscars, though, so if you still need to see it, find it now!

Nominated In:
Music (Original Song) for "Man or Muppet:" I thought "Life's a Happy Song" was actually better, but "Man or Muppet" was good too! There are only two nominees in this category this year, so I hope that means we get Jason Segel singing in the ceremony. That would be awesome.

Movies left: 55; Days left: 32
Have seen 10% of movies and 14% of nominations.
Movie posts I owe you: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment