Tuesday, September 20, 2011

2 Broke Girls, One Confused Kate

I watched the 2 Broke Girls pilot last night, and now I have much the same same dilemma with it as I did with Free Agents: this is a comedy, and I didn't think it was funny, and the jokes were often actively offensive. So as a comedy, I would never watch it again. But. BUT. I really liked the characters. Not the secondary characters; they were all awful and mostly racist stereotypes. But the two main girls, especially toward the end, when they got away from the broad "establishing the characters" stuff and started actually being characters. I actually cared! So now I have to watch it again! Argh. I'll let you know what I think next week.

(The one joke I did find funny was the one about wearing white after Labor Day. I'm sure that says something about me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment