I've been telling everyone I know to read Sarah Rees Brennan's Demon's Lexicon trilogy for months. The third and final book, The Demon's Surrender, is finally coming out on Tuesday, so I decided it's time to put my money where my mouth is and buy some books to give away!
First: If you don't know why you should read these books, I've explained here.
The Basics: I will give you a bunch of ways to enter. (See below.) You may enter in as many ways as you like, though some of the types of entries have limits. Because my goal is to spread the word about the trilogy, some methods are "worth" more and get multiple entries. On Tuesday - Demon's Surrender release day - I will use a random number generator to pick at least five winners. (Maybe more, if I get some really good entries!)
The Prizes: At least five of you will win a copy of Demon's Surrender or another Sarah Rees Brennan book of your choice. So if you haven't read her at all, you can opt to start with the first book, or if you already have (or have pre-ordered) the whole trilogy, you can pick one of the anthologies in which Rees Brennan has a short story. (If you already have all of those too, well, we'll figure something out.) Within reason, you may pick the format of your prize - paperback, Kindle, Nook, iBook, etc. I may add additional prizes, contingent on the number and quality of entries.
The Deadline: Tuesday, June 14, 5:00am Eastern
Ways to Enter:
1. Tweet something that includes the hashtag #DemonsSurrender, my handle @katelinnea, and the link to this contest page: http://is.gd/F97PUC. Here's a template:
"I want to win @sarahreesbrenna's #DemonsSurrender from @katelinnea because [your reason]. http://is.gd/F97PUC"
You can change that around if you want, as long as you keep all those elements and do NOT put my name FIRST in the tweet (because then only my followers will see it, and they already know I want them to read the book). You may enter by tweet multiple times (up to 5 times a day, for a total of 25), but each entry tweet must be different. (So you could say "because demons are awesome" on one, "because I love Alan" on another, etc.) Each tweet is worth 1 entry.
2. Blog about this contest and leave the link to your blog post in the comments on this post. Each blog post (1 per blog) is worth 5 entries.
3. Review one of Sarah Rees Brennan's books on your blog and leave the link to your blog post in the comments on this post. Each review is worth 3 entries.
4. Review one of Sarah Rees Brennan's books on another site (Amazon, GoodReads, etc.) and leave the link to your review in the comments on this post. Each review is worth 2 entries.
5. Share this post on Facebook (and leave me a comment to let me know, because I'm not sure it tells me) for 3 entries.
6. If you've read Lexicon and/or Covenant, leave a comment on this post telling me a character you love or a couple you 'ship, AND WHY. (Or if you haven't read the books, recommend another book to me in the comments.) As long as you give reasons for your choices (and please avoid huge spoilers if possible), you can enter this way up to 8 times. (And yes, you can 'ship the same character with more than one person.) Each comment is worth 1 entry.
7. If you've done some other awesome thing to promote Demon's Surrender, tell me about it in the comments and I'll give you a surprise number of entries!
The Small Print: I reserve the right to evaluate entries on an individual basis if I think someone is being somehow fraudulent. I'm not going to set geographical limits, but if you live somewhere where shipping is ridiculously expensive, I may ask you to cover part of the shipping cost if you win.
Questions? No? Enter away!